4 June 2003

Sarah Kennedy -- more from the novel
Following public demand, here is another excerpt from Nancy Bellis' new book...

Sarah Kennedy's badger""My early years at playgroup", Sarah recently commented, "were an absolute squeal! Miss Chasm was my favourite teacher, she gave me a crayon and I drew a picture of a badger. Being only four, my scribbled artwork was simply beastly - but Miss Chasm said it was a work of genius"

If only Miss Chasm knew how prophetic those words were to be...

Childhood sweetheart Keith "Pringlington" Pringle remembers Sarah like it was yesterday. "I remember her like it was yesterday" he said yesterday, "she loved her crayons and was always knocking out pictures of badgers for the teachers. Last count, I think there were over three thousand of the things on the classroom wall. I remember so many good times with Sarah, especially at the school disco when she insisted that she be the deejay. She was excellent and I knew then that one day she would be the number one deejay on the nation's favourite radio station. And I was right.""

Printed by kind permission of Nancy Bellis

No comments: