9 May 2003

As found on the web...
Excerpt from The Guardian, May 1999 (as published on Google Groups)

If anyone can remember this, please email me (link is on the left).

"Sarah Kennedy gets rather 'tired' during her live Radio 2 show

Radio 2 was flooded with complaints last week after DJ Sarah Kennedy slurred her speech, laughed, rambled, missed cues and
accused a newsreader of soiling her underwear. A spokesman, denying she'd been drinking, blamed tiredness. This is from the show ...

Sarah Kennedy: The gossip is, oh yeah, me with head of Radio 4, gob on a stick ... I'm getting my act together. I have to be absolutely honest with you, erm, I had a terrible night's sleep last night. A real, sort of one of those waking up at 2 o'clock and there's no reason, there's no reason for it [laughter] and various things have happened to the car ...

[Music cuts out] And why? See, exactly! You see, all this stuff [equipment] has gone wrong as well ... Can you mow? Have you got a
mower? Hee, hee, hee. Weekend coming up. Could we do the lawn? ... Fenella! Where is the old fool? Is she around? Oh, you're there. All the equipment seems to be going a bit obscure today. Hold on. What was I going to say ... You know when you had erm ... If you're listening, all the dubries have gone pear-shaped ...

Good morning, Fenella, me and Beej, we're all up the shute! Oh Lord, shall we shoot each other? Get the Lugar out of my knicker draw! I'm a bit limp this morning ... [interrupts music] And that's Blondie ... I be dying a death ... Are you priming yourself, Doris? [another presenter] You are a naughty woman, so I've heard! How much do you cost? Did you say 'shunt'? You're a mini-monster ... We've got problems in here. Ken Bruce the producer is in. What have you got to say? Where is the old fool? I think they're after my fruit mush ... Do we have a vicar amongst us? I still haven't got over my little hots for Father Oliver yesterday. Such a gorgeous man. And where the old [Rev] John Newbury is? Where are you, old prune?"

No comments: